Enactus is an international organization that is dedicated to create a better world while developing the upcoming generation of social entrepreneurs. The Enactus network connects various global businesses, social leaders and student who work together to create a better and a more sustainable world. And we, Enactus Shivaji are really lucky and proud to be a part of it. Enactus Shivaji aims at uplifting the unprivileged, and spreading happiness to as much people as possible. Our journey started 6 years ago, and since then Enactus Shivaji has always looked up to take up more challenges and projects so that we could benefit the unprivileged. Our projects include, Project Bandhani- related to the tie and dyeing of the dupattas by the rural women, another ongoing project is Project SaNa- which includes producing reusable sanitary napkins, ensuring women hygiene, and generating employment. For this we’ve collaborated and covered certain NGOs as well. While, we are still in the ideating process of our new project which includes cultivation of mushrooms from stubble and then growing Mycelium as a substitute of plastic. We also managed to qualify till the quarter final round in the ENACTUS World Cup 2019-20 sponsored by KPMG.
Enactus Shivaji has been continuously working in some or the other way to spread awareness among people regarding the social as well as personal issues. Enactus also helps its members in developing their personality, and let them apply their classroom skills practically with a motive of benefitting others.
Project of the year:
Project Sana is an endeavour to create reusable sanitary napkins and sell them to the economically disadvantaged people. This initiative not only helps us in contributing towards the environment but also helps in guiding the underprivileged slum area women who are uninformed about menstrual hygiene. For this purpose, Enactus Shivaji collaborated with safe NGO.The samples of the pads were distributed among women for testing. The products were then sold at different organisations like Sofia NGO, Mustafabad; Rain Basera, Rajouri Garden; Janhit NGO, Azadpur; God Gives Everything NGO, Kashmere Gate; and Shakti Shalini NGO, Vinobapuri. Pads were also sold door-to-door in Raghubir Nagar.
The production of SaNa involves training the volunteers from various refugee camps or slums to manufacture the pads and hence adding to their employability. Ideating and then executing SaNa in itself aims at lowering the menstrual waste and adapting ecological and economical ways to live.
While more than 6 areas have been covered by Enactus Shivaji and thousands of women have already switched to SaNa leaving the plastic pads behind. SaNa’s pads are 75% more biodegradable than the ordinary pads because of the water retaining fabric which prevents leakage. Also ensuring the affordability factor, these pads are priced at the minimal cost so anyone could buy it without taking any financial burden. Therefore menstruation is no longer a burden for most of the women, and through various seminars conducted by Enactus Shivaji, women no longer live under the rock and practice menstrual hygiene at their best.
Enactus Shivaji conducted various menstrual hygiene and health sessions during the year in various government schools like Sarvodaya Girls Senior Secondary School, Shalimar Bagh, Kendriya Vidyalaya, Azadpur, and many more.
1. In February, to cater the ailment of Polycystic Ovary Disease, Enactus Shivaji developed an PCOD APPLICATION.The launch was a success as we gained many users, and it helped a lot of women.
2. Website Launch: Enactus Shivaji also launched its Website this year.(www.enactusshivaji.in)
1. Annual event of Enactus Shivaji ‘AVENSIS’20’ scheduled on 23rd March was cancelled due to COVID.
1. From 17thApril , Enactus Team started with a social media (Instagram) COVID awareness program ‘LOCKDOWN TO KNOCKDOWN'
1. On 5thMay,Enactus Shivaji collaborated with Vyomini and EcoFemme to conduct a webinar on the Topic Menstrual Health Management & Social Entrepreneurship to discuss many social, cultural and religious restrictions. Speakers for the same were Kathy and Jessamin, Co founder of EcoFemme And Prachi Kaushik, Founder and director of Vyomini Social Foundation. We received an overwhelming response with participants from England and several parts of India.
2. On 5thMay,Enactus Shivaji collaborated with Vyomini and EcoFemme to conduct a webinar on the Topic Menstrual Health Management & Social Entrepreneurship to discuss many social, cultural and religious restrictions. Speakers for the same were Kathy and Jessamin, Co founder of EcoFemme And Prachi Kaushik, Founder and director of Vyomini Social Foundation. We received an overwhelming response with participants from England and several parts of India.
1. Acknowledging the importance of mental health awareness, Enactus Shivaji conducted a 3-days webinar series with 3 distinguished speakers to speak about the various aspects of mental health on our Instagram Handle.
• Topic - Importance of Mental Health
The first day, 5th June, of the series was graced by Mr Arjun Gupta, an author and outspoken mental health activist, who enlightened the attendees about the importance of mental health for one’s wellbeing.
• Topic -Steps to cope up with stress during COVID-19
The second day, 8th June, we had Ms. Aakanksha Bhatia with us, the founder of Together We Can, who gave valuable knowledge to cope up with the stress posed by the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic.
• Topic- Ending the stigma
On the final day, 10th June, of the series, Ms Aishwarya Ajmani talked about the stigmas associated with mental health and the way ahead to overcome such stigma.
1. On 6th July,In collaboration with NSS unit of Shivaji College, Enactus Shivaji organized a webinar was held on Importance of Soft Skills in Post Covid Era to enlighten the student community on the importance of soft skills in the present day.Mr Mukul Goel, the founder of Make Me Builder was the speaker of the webinar.The session ended up to be very interactive, productive and fruitful with about 150+ people joining.
2. On 21stJuly , Enactus Shivaji organized Instagram Live Session for talking and creating awareness about the menstruation we interacted with MsJharna Singhal, a law student and menstrual educator.
1. From 21st September till 7th October, SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) Trivia campaign was organized by ENACTUS, Shivaji College, to celebrate and create awareness about 17 SDG adopted by the United Nations.It was a productive event ran though the platforms like Instagram, Youtube and Facebook page of the Enactus society.
1. On 15th October, Enactus Shivaji organized various online competitions like meme-making, poster making, to spread awareness about Breast Cancer.
2. On 17th October, a webinar on Breast Cancer Awareness was organised in collaboration with Yes To Life. The Speaker of the webinar was Dr NeetiLeekha Chhabra, founder of Yes To Life.
1. On 28th November, ENACTUS, Shivaji College organized the Orientation Programme for first year students with the presence of eminent speaker Mr Terry Torok, the Chief Innovative Officer of Enactus, from USA.
1. In the month of December the recruitment process was going on for the first year students, and the work came to an pause due the examinations.
1. Both the months were utilised by our team in researching about our new project for which, we are still in the ideating process that is regarding the cultivation of mushrooms from stubble and then growing Mycelium as a substitute of plastic.
2. Also, due to the lockdown our production came to a hault therefore in the month of February, our team members also went to the Janhit NGO to restart and resume the production of our pads.
1. As we're still in the ideating process of our new project, so our team had mentorship sessions with Mr. Aditya Arora as well as KPMG so as to have a clear picture and better understanding of the challenges we could face in the future.
Visit Enactus Website