The college has a vibrant Cultural Committee that provides a platform to students to showcase their creativity and talent. There are seven societies under the cultural committee such as music, fashion, dramatics, dance, fine arts, photography, and debating. The activities of the cultural committee are largely student driven with proper guidance from faculty members. These societies are active throughout the year. Besides helping students in honing their talent and skills, they organise their respective annual festivals.
● Vibrations - The Cultural Fest of Shivaji College, University of Delhi, was held fromApril 14-16, 2021in an online mode. The Inaugural Ceremony held on April 14at 10 AMwas streamed live on the Official YouTube channel of Shivaji College. Inauguration was graced with the presence of our renowned alumni Mr. RehanHooda, chief sub-editor, India Times Group, Mr.AshtamNeelkanth,Director, The Eighth Dimension Personality thinking and Mr. Rajesh Kumar Jha, founder Maithili AkaankshaManch. They shared with the audience their life journey and success stories.
● Vibgyor- The fine arts society organised ARTISTICO’21 during Vibrations. It included two competitions viz. 'Evilliputian'- A Miniature Painting Competition and 'Artआक्षर'- A Typography Art Competition. It alsoorganised a Sketching Workshop. The winners were from SGGSCC, SPM, Kamla Nehru, SGTB Khalsa and Zakir Husain College.
● The Online Sketching Workshop was held on 15th April 2021 from 2:00 PM onwards.Well-knownartists, Mr.Satendra Kumar and Ms.Nibedita Roy were invited to conduct the workshop and enlighten the students.
• Dictum, The Debating Society successfully conducted Athena'21, the Turncoat Debate on 14th April, 2021. The debate wasbilingual, with both the English and Hindi debating societies organizing it on online platforms. Winning teams were from JamiaMilliaIslamia SRCC, Motilal Nehru college, KMC andRamjas College.
• On April 16, 2021, The Literary Society of Shivaji College along with the Cultural Committee organized an Open Mic event, via Zoom, from 11 AM onwards. The event was organised in collaboration with the Secular House. The event saw active participation from across the nation. Students from different DU colleges came forward with their poems and songs. Mr. Nishant Jain, IAS, Director, Tourism Department, Governmentof Rajasthan, graced the event as a Chief Guest.
● Bizarre-The fashion society of Shivaji College successfully held Panache’21 -Online solo fashion show on 16th April, 2021. The winners of fashion show were from Kamla Nehru College, KeshavMahavidhyalaya and SGGSCC.
● Swaranjali, Annual festival of Reverb- the Music Society, was held on 14th April 2021. Two online competitions were organized- solo singing and solo instrumental. The chief guest and judge for the event was Mr. Rohit Chawla, famous percussionist. Some of the best performances were from Hindu College, Maharaja Surajmal Institute and Ramjas College.
● Footloose, the dance society organized its online competition during Vibrations which saw enthusiastic participants from across colleges. Prizewinners were from Shri Aurbindo College and Kalindi College.
● Shutterbugs-The Photography society organized two online competitions during Vibrations’21-Syaahi- The online script writing and Luminum- online photography. Winners were from Miranda House, ARSD, Dayal Singh and PGDAV College.
|S.No.||Name of Guest||Designation||Affiliation||Event|
|1||Mr. AshtamNeelkanth (Alumni)||Director||The Eighth Dimension Personality thinking||Vibrations Inaugural event|
|2||Mr. RehanHooda (Alumni)||Chief Sub editor||India Times Group||Vibrations Inaugural event|
|3||Mr. Nishant Jain||IAS, Director||Tourism Department, Government of Rajasthan||Vibrations: Open Mic event|
|4||Rohit Chawla||Tabla Player, Percussionist||Vibrations: Swaranjali|
|5||Mr. Mayank Agarwal||Certified Art Therapist (Mandala Artist)||VibgyorExhibition|
Shivaji College, University of Delhi, held its Orientation Programme on November 18, 2020 at 10 AM on Zoom Cloud for the new admissions of 2020 and their parents. The programme commenced with the ceremonial lighting of the lamp and welcoming address by Principal Dr. Shiv Kumar Sahdevto the students. He introduced them to their journey at Shivaji College and discussed the rules, regulations, disciplined environment and rigorous academic and extra curricular focus of the college.
Chairman, Governing Body, Mr. Ajay Bhatia, addressed the gathering and enlightened the first- year students about the need for taking sound independent decisions as young adults, and urged them to take individual responsibility after this milestone moment in their lives. Shri Deepak Purohit, DCP, West Delhi graced the occasion as Chief Guest. In a few succinct words, he emphasized the importance of educated youth in nation-building and development of society.
The programme was then followed by a video tour of the college journey since its inception to its current Diamond Jubilee year. The programme also involved a showcase of all societies and committees of the college such as Anti-Ragging Cell, Discipline Committee, Cultural Committee and Women’s Development Cell, along with messages from Convenors and listings of Department Teachers-In-Charge.
The event ended on a creative note with video snippets from the college’s annual cultural fest, Vibrations. Individual Department Orientations followed for the rest of the programme, as comprehensive introductions to students to their upcoming college journey.
Cultural Orientation 2020
Anchorage - The Cultural Committee of Shivaji College, University of Delhi, held its Orientation Programme on November 27, 2020 at 11 AM on Zoom Cloud and streamed live on the Official YouTube Channel of Anchorage (i.e., YouTube/Anchorage - The Cultural Committee, Shivaji College) for the new admissions of 2020. The programme commenced with the ceremonial lighting of the lamp which was followed by the recitation of Sarsawati Vandana by the President of Reverb - The Music Society of Shivaji College, Mr. Keshav Chadha.
The Convenor of Cultural Committee, Ms. Anshu Chopra then welcomed the virtual gathering and enlightened them with her motivational words. The President of Anchorage, Anand Kumar Pandey, introduced the gathering by telling about the vision and role of Anchorage.
The program was followed by the showcase of the unique Seven Cultural Societies of the College where the respective representatives of each Society gave the introduction with PowerPoint Presentations and presented their entire journey of the previous session (i.e. 2019-20) in the form of a video.
The event ended with best wishes from the Committee Convenor.Earlier Activities